Carnage.

This was my studio as of 4:09 PM, Sunday.

A weekend's worth of tools, scraps, and projects are littering the desk. Somewhere on there are two english saddles, a saddle seat saddle, and part of a failed attempt at making a basketweave pattern on a stablemate saddle.


And this is my studio as of 4:29 PM.


Ah. Peace. Quiet. My brain was getting overwhelmed by the carnage and now it's starting loosen up. I can breathe again! I am not necessarily a tidy person, but I do have limits and this afternoon I had had it up to here. Now the studio is nice and clean. Or as clean as it's going to get.

And a photo of the saddle on the tidied desk:
This is a commission piece and my very first attempt at a five-point breastplate! It took a while to get done, but I'm really happy with the result.

A pattern of school-during-the-week, tack-on-the-weekends, is developing and I'm plotting out some posts that don't require any sort of productivity during the week. I'm thinking posts on favorite tools, organization, and patterns might be coming up in the future. If there's something you'd like to see, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment