Ten Grinches, Plus Two!


And what happened, then? Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of *ten* Grinches, plus two! 

I was hunting down a post recently that's usually in the top hits on my readership stats (yay, stats!), and had to chuckle when I saw that last year's pre-Christmas post had the most hits of late.

Last year around this time, I was bemoaning my lack of Christmas spirit, finals, and life in general. This year I am happy to report that I haven't had any Grinch-like "heart troubles." I did spend one afternoon at work with "You're a Mean One, Mister Grinch," on single-track repeat, but that's just because I love it so much. 

I'm still waiting on one more final grade, but I anticipate another all-A semester and am enrolled for the next. Just one more semester at community college, then I get to transfer (that's a whole 'nother post!). I'm already back into tack, and should have the first sales piece up by the end of the week. It's something of a bad time to post it, with Christmas looming and funds tied up in that, but maybe there are a few out there looking to purchase Merry Christmas to Me presents. We'll see! I'm hoping for the speed of ten Grinches plus two heading into tack making! Everything I make funds my education, and since I haven't qualified for Pell Grants* in the past every bit counts!

I'll be in the studio most mornings, so if you guys want to keep up with daily chatter check out the studio Facebook page! Nothing's posted there that won't eventually make it over to the blog, but there's a lot more nonsense and random progress photo posting happening in that direction.

*My parents are in an odd earnings bracket. The government thinks they should be able to afford to help me pay for college when they actually can't, so I miss out on Pell money by just a few hundred dollars. I'm also not old enough to be considered an independent (even though I am for tax purposes and pay all of my expenses with the exception of room and board), so it's really a rock and a hard place, financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment