Tutorial Progress

Last night I finished the first complete saddle based on the new tutorial pattern.  I found some things that I want to tweak, but the pattern is sound!  I'll adjust the pattern and write up my scribbled notes on the process today.  The second test saddle will be started today, and I'll refine the directions and time myself as I go along.  It could be ready for testing as early as Monday!  Release to everyone will have to wait until I get feedback from my lovely test people and make any necessary adjustments, but I am beyond excited!

The black saddle was the first try.  Since I hate making anything without a purpose, I added a couple of things during the process so that I can hang on to it for my personal show string.  I'll probably include those things as optional steps in the tutorial.



Also in progress for my personal show string is a western show saddle.  It's got the most extensive carving so far, and I'm pretty pleased with it.  Of course I see things I wouldn't mind changing, but I can always sell it and make a new one for myself later.

7 comments:

  1. Looking great! I'm glad you're working on stuff for your show string :)

    I regret to say that I will still be studio-less on Tuesday, but I should be ready to try out the tutorial by NEXT Tuesday, June 7. And I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ffffffff! O_O
    If I can get mine to look even half as good as that I'll be happy! lol
    You'll need to do a western tutorial now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. A western one? I'm not THAT brave! There's a lot about my western saddles that is pure guesswork. I can't see it translating well to a tutorial!

    I'm excited to see how your saddle turns out when I finally get this monster to you! I'm nearing two pages of text already, not including pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah I'd have thought a western saddle would've been easier somehow as all the sections are quite big and obvious! Apparently not! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait for the tutorial!! i haev wanted to have a go at making a saddle for my PS Chips WB for ages...never got any further than makinga tree which i have no idea where it is now!!!!!!!

    both your saddles are looking amazing as always!!! i envy your work! it is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see the tutorial when you get it done. That saddle is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The tooling on the western saddle is amazing! I also envy your skills with the silver trim!

    ReplyDelete